FCPA John M.G. Kabiru is a Fellow of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) in good professional standing with a wealth of knowledge and experience in all aspects of financial management, accounting, auditing and information systems management. He is also a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). He is an institutional development advisor in financial systems and banking who is motivated in sharing his wealth of knowledge. He holds a master’s degree in business administration (MBA-Finance) and Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Option) from the University of Nairobi. He is currently pursuing a doctorate in business administration (banking) at the same University.
He has over 20 years’ experience in wealth of knowledge and experience in all aspects of financial management, accounting, auditing and information systems management from both public and private sector. His key career achievements include:
- He chairs a Panel of Experts on Governance at the ICPAK
- A member of KEPSA Finance & Audit Committee of the Board
- Has been Financial Advisor Agricultural Society of Kenya
- Received a fellowship award in recognition of distinguished contribution to the accounting profession in June 2014
- He has been a Member of the Board of Trustees of KCA University (2011-2017)
- Chaired the nominations committee for the appointment of members of the Governing Council of KCA University (2012)
- Member of the negotiating and steering committee of the ICPAK/KCAU-ECP Partnership (2015)
- A member of financial services workgroup of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) (2010-2011)
- The first Head of Risk Management at the National Bank of Kenya (2007-2011)
- Member of strategic planning committee of the National Bank (2005-7 & 2008-10)
- Co-Author : Risk Management Practices in Pharmaceutical Companies in Kenya (2010), published
- Author: The Relationship between credit risk management and the level of non- performing loans in commercial banks in Kenya (2002), unpublished.